Skilled-Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional)-(subclass 489) Visa

Australia offers skilled workers permanent residency under the points-based visa system. One of these visa types is the Skilled Regional Sponsored, or subclass 489, visa. Like the other visas in this system, you must demonstrate knowledge of the English language, and you must be under 50 years old.

Global-Migrate’s MARA regulated immigration advisors have helped many people with their skilled migrant visas. To receive your free visa assessment, get in touch today. We can help determine in the subclass 489 visa is right for you.

To qualify for this visa, you must also have sponsorship from a relative in Australia. The Skilled Regional visa is aimed at certain Designated Areas of Australia. Your family member must live in one of these areas. To find out what relatives can sponsor you, and where they must live, get in touch with Global-Migrate for the most up-to-date information.

Alternatively, you can apply on the basis of a nomination from a participating state or territory government. For more information about this path, and how to get a nomination, call Global-Migrate’s advisers today.

Our consultants can also give you guidance about the application process. For the subclass 489 visa, you will need to first submit an expression of interest, in which you will need to give information about your occupation and your skill level. Global-Migrate can help you with your Expression of Interest, and can help you find out about what occupations are in demand in Australia.

The 489 visa can be a great option for living and working in Australia. While you will need to stay in the specific area of your sponsorship or nomination during the first part of your visa, you will be eligible to apply for permanent residency after two years. When this is granted, you will be free to live and work in any part of Australia.

The Skilled Nominated or Sponsored Provisional Visa can be the ideal way for you to migrate to Australia. To find out more about this and other visas, and to find out the best choice for you, call Global-Migrate’s experienced advisers today.